Massage is one of those rare things...something that feels good
that is actually good for you. Stress and anxiety produce dangerous stress hormones that reduce the effectiveness
of your immune system. They build up in your system and wreak havoc in your body.
Studies have shown that almost every disease from a cold to cancer includes a stress component. Have you“caught” a
cold after a particularly stressful time in your life? You didn’t catch a cold. Your immune system was compromised
and the cold virus found a hospitable environment
A therapeutic massage lets you slow down and feel what it’s like not to have an agenda for an hour or 90 minutes.
In our Energizer Bunny society, this can save your life.
Massage has been shown to:
• reduce or eliminate pain
• increase range of motion
• improve sleep
• lower blood pressure
• optimize performance in sports or workout.
• reduce swelling, back and shoulder pain during pregnancy
• realign the pelvis and reduce pain after pregnancy
• ease joint pain
• stimulate the immune system
• decrease stress and anxiety
• accelerate healing
• promote general health and well-being
• relieve post surgical swelling and help the body to detoxify from
Conditions addressed by massage therapy include:
• pain- acute and chronic
• upper and lower back pain
• neck pain
• shoulder pain
• pre/post surgical